Is The Reason Good For You Or Bad? We've all felt it.You want to start that business. You want to hit the gym. You want to study, trade better, call that person, build that skill. Your mind says “Yes”. But your body says “Later". So what’s going on? Is this laziness? Fear? Or is your brain actually trying to protect you? Let's break it down.1. The 3 Real Reasons You Don’t Move Forward
A. The “Bad” Reasons: Fear in Disguise
These feel real, but they keep you stuck. Fear of Failure: “What if I try and I’m bad at it?” So you don’t try at all. Fear of Success: “What if it works and my life changes? What if I can’t handle it?” Perfectionism: “I’ll start when I have the perfect plan, perfect time, perfect setup.” That day never comes. Instant Gratification: Scrolling, stocks, YouTube feels easier than hard work. Your brain picks dopamine now over payoff later. This is the bad kind of stuck. It shrinks your life.B. The “Good” Reasons: Your Intuition Talking
Sometimes not moving is wisdom, not weakness. Misalignment: You want it because “people expect it” or “it looks good”, not because you want it. Your gut knows and hits the brakes. Wrong Timing: The idea is right, but the energy, money, or skills aren’t there yet. Forcing it now = burnout. Self-Preservation: Your body is tired. Your mind is full. Pushing forward now will break you. Rest is moving forward.Need for Clarity: You have desire but no direction. So you freeze. That pause is asking you to get a plan first.This is the good kind of stuck. It’s a red light, not a dead end.C. The “Neutral” Reason: Biology
Your brain is wired to save energy. New action = risk = calories burned. So it defaults to: “Do we really need to do this?”Unless you give it a clear, small first step, it will choose the couch.2. How To Tell: Good Reason vs Bad Reason?
Ask yourself 2 questions:QuestionIf Answer is YES → Bad Reason If Answer is YES → Good Reason1. Will I regret not doing this 1 year from now?Yes, and I feel shameNo, it doesn’t matter that much2. What happens if I take just 10 min action today?I feel fear, excuses, panicI feel relief, “oh this is doable”Rule: Fear makes the task feel HUGE. Intuition makes the task feel “not right _now_”.3. How To Start Moving Again
You don’t need motivation. You need momentum. Shrink it: Don’t “write a book”. Write 1 paragraph. Don’t “get fit”. Do 10 squats. Action kills overthinking. Name the resistance: Say it out loud: “I’m not starting because I’m scared I’ll fail.” Naming it removes 50% of its power. Use a 10-minute rule: Tell yourself “I’ll just do 10 minutes”. After 10 min, you can stop. 90% of the time, you’ll keep going. Check alignment: Ask: “Is this for me, or for them?” If it’s not yours, drop it. If it is, commit. Create a boundary: Like with stocks. Fixed time, fixed action. No negotiating with yourself.4. The Bottom Line
Not moving forward is not always bad. Bad stuck = You want it, it matters, but fear is driving. Good stuck = You don’t actually want it, or the timing is wrong. The goal isn’t to be busy 24/7. The goal is a meaningful, controlled life.
That means saying YES to the right things, and having the courage to say NO or WAIT to the wrong things.Your desire is a signal. Your inaction is also a signal.Listen to both. Then take one small step.Because progress isn’t about giant leaps. It’s about not betraying yourself today.
No comments:
Post a Comment